EE25-XA USB 2.0 ALINE box
A compact aluminum USB 2.0 SATA external box intended for 2.5" HDD.
|Device support||2.5" HDD / SSD|
|PC connection||USB type A-M, disconnectable cable, cable 70 cm|
Where to buy
The compact external box EE25-XA is suitable for all 2.5" SATA hard drives up to 9.5mm high.
It can handle all SATA, SATA II and SATA III 2.5" drives without maximum capacity limitations.
USB 2.0 • ANY 7 & 9.5 mm 2.5" HDD • ANY CAPACITY • UNIVERSAL USE
Reading S.M.A.R.T. information to monitor the condition of the external drive.
User possibility to set the interval for disk spindown when idle.
A computer can be “booted” from the SSD or hard disk in the external box.
HDD S.M.A.R.T. INFO • ADJUSTABLE SPINDOWN TIME • BOOT SUPPORT
Lightweight and also cast aluminum housing for perfect mechanical disc protection and excellent heat dissipation.
The brushed surface is not only elegant but effectively prevents fingerprints.
The compact dimensions of 130 x 78 x 12.5 mm will delight every mobile user.
Subtle blue glare non-dazzling LED indication dessign.
DURABLE • LIGHTWEIGHT • BRUSHED ALUMINUM - NO FINGERPRINTS • DELICATE BLUE LED
Automatic installation can be handled even by a layman. Drivers are included with operating systems and are installed completely automatically.
Simple disk installation - insert the disk directly into the SATA connector of the electronics board,
insert both into the box body and fasten the front with two screws using a screwdriver that is included.
That is all. The power to the box and disk is supplied via USB bus without the need for external power supply.
AUTO INSTALL • EASY MOUNTING • USB POWER
The compact aluminum external box AXAGON EE25-XA ALINEbox with USB 2.0 interface intended for 2.5" SATA drives.
Reading of S.M.A.R.T. information monitoring the condition of the external disk.
Lightweight yet durable cast aluminum case for perfect mechanical protection of the disk and excellent heat dissipation.
The decently shaped case with a brushed surface that provides elegant look and prevents unwanted fingerprints.
Reading of S.M.A.R.T. information monitoring the condition of the external disk.
Easy installation of the hard disk as well as automatic installation can be handled even by a layman and easily create an external disk.
• USB 2.0 High Speed USB with transmission rates up to 480 Mbit/s.
• Connection via mini USB type B female conector.
• SATA II interface,
• Supports 2.5“ HDD.
• Fully compatible with USB 2.0 and backward compatible with USB 1.1.
• Supports transmission rates 12 / 480 Mbit/s (full / high speed).
• Supports 2.5" SATA III/II/I disks of max. 9.5 mm height of all capacities without limitation.
• Compliant with Serial ATA 2.0 specification (SATA/300), transmission rates of up to 3 Gb/s (300 MB/s).
• Compliant with Serial ATA 1.0 specification (SATA/150), transmission rates of up to 1.5 Gb/s (150 MB/s).
• The total bandwidth / transmission rate of the box is determined by the USB 2.0 interface used (theor. 480 Mbit/s).
• HDD boot support in external box.
• Possibility to connect your device while running thanks to the Hot Plug support.
• Full Plug and Play support.
• HDD Auto Spindown - possibility to set the interval for disk spindown when idle.
• Connection via USB 2.0 mini B female connector.
• USB Y cable USB Type A male / USB mini B male 70 cm long is included.
• Supplying the power via USB bus from one USB port is sufficient in most cases.
• If necessary, the power supply can be boosted from the second USB port thanks to the Y cable included.
• A decent blue LED indicating the connection to the computer's USB port (permanent light) and data transmission (blinking).
• Very simple disk installation - the disk is connected directly into the SATA connector of the motherboard, and inserted into the box body; the front is fastened with two screws using a screwdriver that is included.
• Compact dimensions 130 x 78 x 12.5 mm.
• External box weight 77 g (without USB cable and disk).
• MS Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 and later, Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016 and later (supported are all 32- and 64-bit Windows OS versions), Mac OS X 10.x and higher, Linux with kernel 2.6.x and above.
• Note: Drivers are included with supported operating systems and are installed completely automatically. No other drivers need to be installed and are not even available.
• USB 2.0 external box for 2.5" SATA,
• USB Y cable 70 cm long,
• mounting screws and the screwdriver,
• printed multilingual manual CZ / DE / DK / ENG / ESP / FIN / FR / GR / HR / HU / IT / NL / PL / PT / RO / RU / SK / SWE / TR / BG / CN / ARA,
• packed in a cardboard box.
|interface||USB 2.0 / USB 1.1|
|rate||480 / 12 Mbit/s (high / full speed)|
|connector||USB Type A male (on the cable)|
|connector||USB 2.0 Mini B female (on the box)|
|cable||70 cm, disconnectable, Y|
|interface||Serial ATA 2.0|
|rate||3 / 1.5 Gbit/s (SATA II / SATA I)|
|connector||22-pin SATA data and power female|
|compatibility||all SATA I / SATA II / SATA III disks|
|total permeability||480 Mbit/s theoretically (given by USB 2.0 input)|
|2.5"||yes (SATA HDD/SSD)|
|max. disk capacity||all, without limitations|
|max. height of 2.5" disk||9.5 mm|
|boot from connected disk||yes|
|putting disk to sleep||yes (HDD Auto Spindown support)|
|disk turning off||yes (HDD Auto Stop)|
|Plug and Play||yes|
|design||metal / plastic|
|indication||blue LED - connection to the USB port of the computer (permanently on), data transmission (flashes)|
|dimensions||130 x 78 x 12.5 mm|
|weight||77 g (without USB cable)|
|on the bus||yes (USB bus power)|
|through power adapter||no|
|MS Windows||10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP (all 32- and 64-bit versions)|
|MS Windows Server||2016 / 2012 / 2008 / 2003 (all 32- and 64-bit versions)|
|Mac OS||X 10.x and higher|
|Linux||kernel 2.6.x and higher|
- USB 2.0 2.5" external box
- USB Y cable 70 cm
- mounting screws and the screwdriver
- installation guide
- connector into the PC: USB Type A male
- connector into the box: USB mini B male
- 60 cm long
- Y cable with the second USB Type A male connector allows you to boost the power supply from the second USB port of your PC when needed
- printed installation manual CZ / DE / DK / ENG / ESP / FIN / FR / GR / HR / HU / IT / NL / PL / PT / RO / RU / SK / SWE / TR / BG / CN / ARA
- cardboard box
- package dimensions 18 x 13 x 4 cm
- weight of 1 pc package 193 g
- EAN 8595247902849
- number of pieces in the box: 40
- total weight of the box: 8.4 kg G.W.
- box dimensions: 29 x 38 x 43 cm
A): Drivers are included with operating systems and are installed completely automatically. The external box (adapter / docking station) is detected as a standard storage device, such as a USB flash disk, no additional drivers are needed.
B): No other drivers need to be installed and are not even available. If you continue to have problems with your external box (adapter / docking station), check out more tips that can help you troubleshoot problems.
A): If the external box (adapter / docking station) is not displayed in "Device Manager", there may be a USB port malfunction. It is also possible that your computer has a poor power supply to USB ports and the power is not sufficient to operate an external box (you can detect by listening that HDD is not spinning). This is a problem especially for older computers, where the source part already works at the limit of its parameters. In this case, it would help to use a USB hub, with an auxiliary power supply, by which the external box (adapter / docking station) would be connected to the computer.
B): Try plugging the external box (adapter / docking station) into another USB port, preferably on the back of your PC. The external box (adapter / docking station) should be detected and the drivers loaded automatically. If the problem persists, plug the external box (adapter / docking station) into the USB port of another computer to verify its functionality.
A): If this happens, it means that the operating system failed to get the necessary information to install the drivers.
B): The cause may be a defective USB cable or damaged device. If the problem persists, plug the external box (adapter / docking station) into the USB port of another computer to verify its functionality.
A): If this happens, it means that the Windows operating system did not assign a drive letter to the new storage device.
B): If the drive letter is not assigned, open "Disk Management", right-click on the desired drive and manually assign the drive letter. If the drive letter can not be assigned to the disk, it is possible that the disk is formatted as "dynamic". If you want to keep disk data, connect it to the original device and make a backup of the disk. Then convert it to a normal disk, initialize it to MBR (or GPT, see other points), and then perform Low Level Format (e.g. using the Low Level Format Tool)
A): The newly purchased disk must be initialized before first use.
B): If the new disk is not initialized automatically, open "Disk Management", right-click on the desired disk and initialize it.
A): By initializing the disk, you can set the mode in which the hard disk will work.
B): You can use the partition with the master boot record (MBR) or the GUID partition table (GPT). For disk up to 2TB, use the MBR option, we recommend selecting GPT on a larger disk than 2TB. Subsequently, the initialized disk should be formatted.
A): If the external box (adapter / docking station) with a 3.5“ HDD is not displayed in "Device Manager ", the inserted disk may not be powered.
B): Make sure you have the power supply plugged in and the external box (adapter / docking station) turned on with the power switch. If the disk is properly powered, it should spin (can be detected by listening).
A): The AXAGON external boxes (adapters / docking stations) are always equipped with the latest firmware to support disks of all capacities.
B): The 2TB limit is given as the maximum partition size when initializing a disk with the master boot record (MBR). If you want to create a larger partition on the HDD stored in the external box (e.g. 3TB or more), you must select the GUID partition table (GPT) when initializing the disk. Subsequently, the initialized disk should be formatted.
A): The external AXAGON boxes (adapters / docking stations) support the USB Mass Storage protocol making it easy to connect to TV.
B): When using a disk larger than 2TB, some TVs do not support GPT format. In such case, MBR format must be used when initializing a disk.
A): The connectors are compatible, but inside the USB 3.0 connector has five more contacts. The USB 3.2 Gen 1 (USB 3.0) connector is usually identified by the use of blue (exceptionally black) plastic.
B): The main difference is the speed of data transmission. USB 2.0 reaches a maximum speed of about 30 MB/s, while USB 3.2 Gen 1 (USB 3.0) is able to achieve a theoretical speed of up to 600 MB/s. If you place a disk in the external box that has a read speed of 120 MB/s, you can only get a quarter speed, that is about 30 MB/s, in the box with USB 2.0.
A): For proper spin-down setting, this feature must be supported by all components that are in the path between the operating system and the HDD, i.e. the USB controller, box electronics, and the disk itself. The spinning down of idle disks is set up by the operating system, but it is very complicated.
B): We recommend setting up using one of the freeware programs, where the procedure is mostly simplified. E.g. by HDDScan (http://hddscan.com/). The program has the ability to verify whether the disk and all components in the path support the feature. Select "Spindown" to test an immediate spin down of the disk. Set up the spindown time using a slider in the "Power Management" section.