ADE-SR USB 3.0 gigabit ethernet
High-speed USB 3.0 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Mbit adapter with automatic installation.
|PC connection||USB type A-M, permanently connected cable, cable 15 cm|
|Extra||Wake on LAN|
Where to buy
The compact super-speed AXAGON ADE-SR adapter easily converts USB 3.0 port to Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000 Mbit port.
In addition to a Gigabit bandwidth, the network card offers a wide range of features, such as IPv4/IPv6 checksum to reduce CPU loading by checksums, the crossover detection and auto-correction, TCP large send offload, support for various modes of the Wake-on-LAN feature, the work with virtual LAN (VLAN) and advanced Power Management features.
In modern operating systems from Windows 8.1 above, the adapter allows easy automatic installation without the need for an Internet connection.
Gigabit network card extends your computer by a fast network connection, adds the missing RJ-45 network connector or another network card, or replaces the original defunct network connection.
The support for current versions of Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux operating systems allows it to be used for any desktop, laptop or ultrabook. Also, some Android phones and tablets, such as the Samsung S9+, can be connected to the Internet with a network Ethernet cable thanks to this adapter and a suitable reduction*.
• USB 3.0 interface, backward compatible with USB 2.0. and 1.1.
• Supports transmission rates 12 / 480 / 5000 Mb/s (low / full / high speed).
• Connecting USB 3.0 Type A male connector on a 15 cm long cable permanently attached to the adapter.
• Gigabit Ethernet interface with RJ-45 connector for UTP or STP cable connection.
• Supported transmission rates for the Ethernet interface 10/100/1000 Mb/s.
• Supported IEEE 802.3 10Base-T, IEEE 802.3u 100Base-TX, IEEE 802.3ab 1000Base-T specifications.
• 10/100/1000 Mbit/s auto-detection.
• Supports IPv4 / IPv6 packet Checksum Offload Engine (COE) to reduce processor load, including IPv4 IP/TCP/UDP/ICMP/ IGMP & IPv6 TCP/UDP/ICMPv6 checksum control and generation.
• Supports TCP Large Send Offload V1 and V2.
• Supports IEEE 802.1P Layer 2 priority encoding & decoding.
• Supports IEEE 802.1Q VLAN tagging.
• Supports IEEE 802.3az EEE (Energy Efficient Ethernet) - reduce power consumption at rest.
• Supports Jumbo frame.
• Supports full-duplex transmissions with IEEE 802.3x flow control and half-duplex transmissions with back-pressure flow control.
• Supports Auto MDI/MDIX - crossover detection and auto-correction eliminates the need for crossover cables.
• Supports hardware Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC) to detect transmission errors.
• Supports Pair Swap/Polarity/Skew Correction.
• Full Plug and Play and Hot Plug support.
• Supports CDC-ECM – for automatic installation of drivers across different OSs.
• Adapter power supply via USB (bus power) - no auxiliary power supply required.
• Two LEDs to indicate the network activity and to connect the adapter to the USB and network.
• Dimensions 61 x 25 x 17 mm, USB cable length 15 cm, weight incl. USB cable 23 g.
• The Realtek RTL8153 chipset is used.
Supports Wake-on-LAN feature in different modes:
• Supports sleep mode and remote Wake Up via Magic Packet, Microsoft Wakeup Frame, Microsoft Wake Packet Detection and Link Change Wake-up.
• Supports ECMA-393 proxZzzy® standard for sleeping hosts to manage the network connection of sleeping guests using proxy servers.
• RealWoW! technology support allows remote wake up over the Internet.
Advanced Power Management features:
The adapter supports advanced power management to reduce losses during standby or light traffic on the network. It further supports advanced power saving when the Ethernet cable has been disconnected.
• Supports Advanced Configuration Power Management Interface (ACPI).
• Supports Power Management offload (ARP & NS).
• Supports Microsoft Always On Always Connected (AOAC).
• Supports Intel Converged Platform Power Management (CPPM).
• Supports Link Power Management (LPM).
• Supports Operating System-directed Power Management (OSPM).
• Supports IEEE 802.3az EEE (Energy Efficient Ethernet).
• MS Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 and later, Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016 and later (supported are all 32 and 64-bit versions of Windows OSs), MacOS X 10.6 and higher, Linux with kernel 2.6.14 and above, Android most versions (WARNING - check with the Android device manufacturer if the Ethernet connection is supported).
• USB - Gigabit Ethernet adapter with a 15 cm long permanently attached USB cable,
• Printed installation manual CZ / DE / DK / ENG / ESP / FIN / FR / GR / HR / HU / IT / NL / PL / PT / RO / RU / SK / SWE / TR / BG / CN / ARA,
• Packed in a cardboard box with a hole for easy hanging from a sales stand.
* We recommend OTG reduction for devices with a micro USB connector, for devices with USB-C connector we recommend USB-C> USB-A reduction, for example AXAGON RUCM-AFA.
|interface||USB 3.0 / USB 2.0 / USB 1.1|
|rate||5000 / 480 / 12 / 1.5 Mbit/s (super / high / full / low speed)|
|connector||USB Type A male (on the cable)|
|cable||15 cm, permanently connected|
|compatibility||IEEE 802.3ab 1000Base-T|
|compatibility||IEEE 802.3u 100Base-TX|
|compatibility||IEEE 802.3 10Base-T|
|bandwidth management||yes (IEEE 802.1P Layer 2 priority encoding & decoding)|
|Virtual LAN||yes (IEEE 802.1Q VLAN tagging)|
|Wake on LAN||yes (incl. AMD Magic Packet, Microsoft Wake-up frame)|
|Plug and Play||yes|
|indication||green LED - connection to the network (permanently on)|
|indication||orange LED - data transmission (flashes)|
|dimensions||61 x 25 x 17 mm|
|weight||23 g (including USB cable)|
|on the bus||yes (USB bus power)|
|MS Windows||10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP (all 32- and 64-bit versions)|
|MS Windows Server||2016 / 2012 / 2008 / 2003 (all 32- and 64-bit versions)|
|Mac OS||X 10.6 and higher|
|Linux||kernel 2.6.14 and higher|
|Android||all versions ( ! - verify support at the Android device manufacturer)|
- printed installation manual CZ / DE / DK / ENG / ESP / FIN / FR / GR / HR / HU / IT / NL / PL / PT / RO / RU / SK / SWE / TR / BG / CN / ARA
- a cardboard box with an option to be hanged on the retail display stands
- package dimensions 18 x 9 x 2.5 cm
- weight of 1 pc package 55 g
- EAN 8595247903778
- number of pieces in the box: 100
- total weight of the box: 6.55 kg G.W.
- box dimensions: 47 x 32 x 31 cm
A): If the network card is not displayed in "Device Manager", a USB port (or a PCIe slot in the event of an internal network card) may be malfunctioning.
B): Try plugging the network card into another USB port (or another PCIe slot on the PC motherboard in the event of an internal network card, or temporarily disconnect all other PCIe cards). The network card should be detected and you should be prompted to install the drivers. If the problem persists, plug the network card into the USB port (PCIe slot) of another computer to verify its functionality.
A): If this happens, it means that the operating system failed to get the necessary information to install the drivers.
B): The cause may be a defective USB extension cable or damaged device. If the problem persists, plug the network card into the USB port of another computer to verify its functionality.
A): Before connecting the USB network card to an Android device (tablet), you first need to verify with the device manufacturer whether the device supports the Ethernet network feature and also whether the USB network card drivers are included in your specific ANDROID ROM installation.
B): Use a USB connector with OTG support to connect the USB network card to your tablet. If the device (tablet) is equipped with a Mini USB or Micro USB connector, use an OTG reduction or cable to connect it.
A): The Ethernet interface transmission speed setting is a fully independent from USB connection and can be set in the network card's properties. The default setting is an automatic negotiation when the speed is set according to other elements in the LAN network.
B): If you connect the ADE-SG (ADE-XA) adapter via a USB 2.0 port, the overall bandwidth of the adapter will be limited by bandwidth of the USB 2.0 interface, which is theoretically 480 Mb/s; in Gigabit Ethernet environments this adapter will be up to 4x faster than 10/100 Ethernet adapters.