CRE-SM2 4-slot Smart card reader
Universal desktop USB contact Smart / ID and SD / microSD / SIM card reader.
|Card slots||4 slots, SD, microSD, Smart Card, SIM|
|PC connection||USB type A-M, permanently connected cable, cable 1.3 m|
Where to buy
Desktop stand reader Smart card / ID card AXAGON CRE-SM2 with USB 2.0 interface include SD, microSD and SIM card slots.
Card reader supports all common contact Smart cards formats, chip cards and other contact cards including payment cards or contact electronic ID cards *. The reader is compatible with most national applications for eID (electronic ID cards).
Thanks to the SIM card slot with SIM management software, SD slot, microSD slot, the reader can be used for backup and data transfer.
Compatibility with all common OS such as Windows, Linux and Mac OS allows wide range of applications. Sophisticated design, high-quality manufacturing, anti-slip pads and long cable ensure easy and trouble-free use.
• USB 2.0 CCID protocol.
• Backward compatible with USB 1.1.
• Connection via USB 2.0 type A male connector.
• Four slot reader supports the following formats:
• Smart Card slot supports ATM / CAC / ID / IC / SIS contact cards,
• Micro SD slot supports microSD / microSDHC / microSDXC / TransFlash cards,
• SD slot supports SecureDigital, SDHC, SDXC, MultiMedia Card, MMC 4.0, MMC Dual Voltage, MMC mobile, RS-MMC cards, miniSD, miniSDHC, MMC Micro cards with adapter,
• SIM slot supports standard size SIM cards (microSIM and nanoSIM with adapter).
Smart Cards specification support:
• Supports ISO 7816 Class A, B and C contact Smart cards (5V, 3V and 1.8V).
• Supports ISO 7816, EMV 4.1 (EMV 2000 level 1) standards.
• Supports protocols T 0 and T=1, I2C, SLE 4432/42 (S=10), SLE 4418/28 (S=9).
• PC/SC 2.0 PC Smart Card support.
• Microsoft Smart Card for Windows support.
• Supports I2C cards SLE4418, SLE4428, SLE4432, SLE4442, SLE4436, SLE5536, SLE6636, AT88SC1608, AT45D041.
• Microsoft WHQL USB Smart Card Reader compliant.
• FIPS 201 standard compliant.
• 420 Kbps Smart Card interface speed (depends on card).
Memory Cards specification support:
• SD 1.0/1.1 (SD - Secure Digital, up to 2GB) compliant.
• SD 2.0 (SDHC - Secure Digital High Capacity, up to 32GB) compliant.
• SD 3.0 (SDXC - Secure Digital eXtended Capacity, up to 2TB) compliant.
• MMC and eMMC 3.x/4.0/4.1/4.2 compliant.
• Microsoft USB-CCID driver compatible.
• Plug and Play support.
• Simultaneous SIM and microSD slot usage.
• Smart card insert detection.
• SIMedit SW for edit and backup contacts – download from „Product Support“ tab on www.axagon.eu.
• Reader power via USB bus (bus-power).
• Green LED indicates computer USB port connection (steady).
• Red LED indicates card insertion (steady) and data transfer (flashing).
• Dimensions 77 x 54 x 52 mm, cable length 130 cm.
• Weight 91 g.
Supported operating systems:
• MS Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 and later, Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016 and later (all 32- and 64-bit Windows OS versions supported), Mac OS X 10.x and later, Linux with 2.4.x kernel and later.
* Note: The reader only supports contact cards that have visible contacts on the surface. The card without contacts is therefore RFID and cannot be used in the reader.
• USB card reader with 1.3 m hardwired cable,
• printed installation guide CZ / DE / DK / ENG / ESP / FIN / FR / GR / HR / HU / IT / NL / PL / PT / RO / RU / SK / SWE / BG / CN / TR / ARA,
• packed in a cardboard box.
|interface||USB 2.0 / USB 1.1|
|rate||480 / 12 Mbit/s (high / full speed)|
|connector||USB Type A male (on the cable)|
|cable||1.3 m, permanently connected|
|number of slots||4|
|SD slot||SD / SDHC / SDXC, MMC, MMC mobile, RS-MMC, with miniSD / miniSDHC / MMC Micro adapter|
|microSD slot||microSD / microSDHC / microSDXC / TransFlash|
|slot SIM||SIM cards standard size|
|slot Smart Card||ATM / CAC / ID / IC / SIS|
|specification of SD flash cards||SD 1.0 / SD 1.1 (SD - Secure Digital, up to 2 GB)|
|specification of SD flash cards||SD 2.0 (SDHC - Secure Digital High Capacity, up to 32 GB)|
|specification of SD flash cards||SD 3.0 (SDXC - Secure Digital eXtended Capacity, up to 2 TB)|
|specification of MMC flash cards||MMC 3.x, MMC 4.0/4.1, MMC 4.4 (8-bit)|
|file formats||FAT 12/16/32/64, NTFS, exFAT (FAT 64) and others|
|Plug and Play||yes|
|indication||red LED - correct card insertion (permanently on), data transmission (flashes)|
|indication||green LED - connection to the computer's USB port (permanent light)|
|dimensions||77 x 54 x 52 mm|
|on the bus||yes (USB bus power)|
|MS Windows||10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP (all 32- and 64-bit versions)|
|MS Windows Server||2016 / 2012 / 2008 / 2003 (all 32- and 64-bit versions)|
|Mac OS||X 10.x and higher|
|Linux||kernel 2.4.x and higher|
- a cardboard box with an option to be hanged on the retail display stands
- package dimensions 14.5 x 12.8 x 5 cm
- weight of 1 pc package 132 g
- EAN 8595247904300
- number of pieces in the box: 80
- total weight of the box: 12.4 kg G.W.
- box dimensions: 70 x 44 x 37 cm
A): Drivers are included with operating systems and are installed completely automatically. The card reader is detected as a standard storage device, such as a USB flash disk, no other drivers are available.
B): No other drivers need to be installed and are not even available. If you continue to have problems with your reader, check out more tips that can help you troubleshoot problems.
A): If the card reader is not displayed in "Device Manager," there may be a USB port (or a 20-pin USB 3.0 connector on the PC motherboard in the case of an internal reader) malfunction.
B): Try plugging the reader into another USB port (or another 20-pin USB 3.0 connector on the PC motherboard, if available, in the case of an internal reader). The card reader should be detected and the drivers loaded automatically. If this does not solve the problem, try checking the USB controller status in "Device Manager" in the "USB Drivers" section. If the problem persists, plug the card reader into the USB port of another computer to verify its functionality.
A): If this happens, it means that the operating system failed to get the necessary information to install the drivers.
B): The cause may be a defective USB cable or damaged device. Another option is to remove the record of the connected USB device using "USBDeview". After connecting the reader, the drivers should be reloaded. If the problem is caused by a driver error, the problem should be eliminated. If the problem persists, plug the card reader into the USB port of another computer to verify its functionality.
A): If this happens, it means that the Windows operating system did not assign a drive letter to the new storage device.
B): If the drive letter is not assigned, open "Disk Management", right-click on the desired drive and manually assign the drive letter. Another option is that the correct formatting of the memory card is not performed. Format the card in "Disk Management" or in the device on which you are using the card (for example, the camera).
Installation of the Axagon Smard Card reader is fully automatic, just plug it into a PC, the drivers are included in the operating systems. Information about requirements, installation of Electronic ID (eID) application/service you will find on your national eID provider website or government website.