EEM2-GTR SuperSpeed+ USB-C - NVMe M.2 THIN RIB box
External USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 metal box for M.2 NVMe SSDs.
|Input||USB 3.2 Gen 2|
|Output||M.2 NVMe, UASP|
|Device support||M.2 2230, M.2 2242, M.2 2260, M.2 2280|
|PC connection||USB type C-M, disconnectable cable, cable 20 cm|
Where to buy
Superfast external AXAGON EEM2-GTR THIN RIB box with USB 3.2 Gen 2 interface is designed for NVMe (PCI-Express) M.2 SSD disks. The double-sided USB-C connector on the box together with the supplied USB-C -> USB-C cable enables a reliable connection to a computer.
Ribbed body design and thermal conductive pads provides great M.2 SSD disk cooling. This extends its service life and also prevents the disk from slowing down, so-called "Thermal Throttling". Robust box body also protect the disk.
SuperSpeed USB 10 Gbit/s interface allows you to enjoy the speed of modern M.2 SSD drives. Due the fast USB 3.2 Gen 2 interface the transmission speed is up to 10Gb/s.
NVMe M.2 SSD disk up to 22x80 mm can be used in the external box. The box has no SSD disk capacity limitation. M.2 cards can be single-sided or double-sided. Inserting M.2 SSD disk into this box you will create a fast and compact external drive. The box can be used with computers and laptops, as well as with mobile phones and tablets.
• USB 3.2 Gen 2 / SuperSpeed+ USB speed up to 10 Gbit/s.
• Connection via reversible USB type C female connector.
• NVMe (PCI-Express) M.2 SSD disks,
• designed for M-key or B+M-key card formats,
• NGFF 75-pin M-key slot for NVMe M.2 disks.
• Compatible with USB 3.2 Gen 2, backward compatible with USB 3.1 Gen1 / USB 3.0 and USB 2.0.
• Supports transmission rates 10.000 / 5000 / 480 Mbit/s (SuperSpeed+ / SuperSpeed / HighSpeed).
• Supports M-key or B+M-key NVMe (PCI-Express) M.2 SSD disks without maximum capacity limitation.
• Supports M.2 drives with a size of 2230, 2242, 2260, 2280 mm.
• Supports one-sided and double-sided M.2 SSD disks.
• Compliant with PCI Express Base Specification Revision 3.1a.
• Compliant with NVM Express 1.3 Specification.
• Compliant with USB Mass Storage Class Specification.
• The total box bandwidth / transmission rate is determined by the USB 3.2 Gen 2 interface used (theoretically up to 10 Gbit/s).
• The real box bandwidth / transmission rate is around 1000 MB/s (1 GB/s), it is given by the limits of the USB 3.2 Gen 2 interface.
• Supports UASP (USB Attached SCSI) for faster data transmission in Windows 8 and later.
• Supports TRIM functionality to limit gradual degradation of the SSD performance over time.
• SSD boot support in external box.
• Possibility to connect your device while running thanks to the Hot Plug support.
• Full Plug and Play support.
• Sleep mode support – after 5 minutes of inactivity.
• Power supply via USB bus up to 900mA from one USB port is sufficient in all cases.
• A blue LED indicating the connection to the USB port (permanent light) and data transmission (blinking).
• Aluminum ribbed body and thermal conductive pads helps M.2 SSD disk cooling.
• Higher box surface temperature is not a defect - thanks to the aluminum body, the heat generated by the disk operation is better drained and transferred to the environment.
• Box connected via USB 3.2 Gen 2 type C female connector.
• USB type C male / USB type C male cable length 20 cm in the package.
• External box dimensions 106 x 43 x 14 mm.
• External box weight 68 g (without USB cable and M.2 SSD disk).
Supported operating systems:
• MS Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 and later, Windows Server 2008 / 2012 / 2016 and later (all 32-bit and 64-bit Windows OS versions are supported), Mac OS X 10.x and higher, Linux with kernel 2.6.x and higher, Android (OS and device support required).
• Note: when Windows 7 used it is necessary to check OS support and driver availability with the M.2 SSD manufacturer.
• USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 external box for NVMe M.2 SSD,
• USB-C – USB-C cable 20 cm long,
• 2 thermal conductive pads,
• mounting kit and screwdriver,
• multilanguage quick guide CZ / DE / DK / ENG / ESP / FIN / FR / GR / HR / HU / IT / NL / PL / PT / RO / RU / SK / SWE / BG / CN / TR / ARA,
• packed in a cardboard box.
|interface||USB 3.2 Gen 2 / USB 3.2 Gen 1 / USB 3.1 Gen 1 / USB 3.0 / USB 2.0|
|rate||10.000 / 5.000 / 480 Mbit/s (super+ / super / high speed)|
|connector||USB Type C female (on the box)|
|connector||USB Type C male (on the cable)|
|cable||20 cm, disconnectable|
|interface||NVMe M.2 (PCI-Express)|
|connector||75-pin M.2 M-key|
|compatibility||all NVMe M.2 SSD|
|total permeability||10 Gbit/s theoretically (given by USB 3.2 Gen 2 input)|
|max. disk capacity||all, without limitations|
|boot from connected disk||yes|
|Plug and Play||yes|
|dimensions||106 x 43 x 14 mm|
|on the bus||USB bus power|
|through power adapter||-|
|MS Windows||10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7|
- USB 3.2. Gen external box for NVMe M.2
- USB-C / USB-C 3.2 Gen cable 20 cm long
- 2 thermally conductive pads
- mounting material and a screwdriver
- installation manual
- printed installation manual CZ / DE / DK / ENG / ESP / FIN / FR / GR / HR / HU / IT / NL / PL / PT / RO / RU / SK / SWE / BG / CN / TR / ARA
- cardboard box
- package dimensions 17.5 x 8.4 x 2.6 cm
- weight of 1 pc package 141 g
- EAN 8595247906151
- number of pieces in the box: 60
- total weight of the box: 8.75 kg G.W.
- box dimensions: 43 x 31 x 20 cm
A): Drivers are included with operating systems and are installed completely automatically. The external box (adapter / docking station) is detected as a standard storage device, such as a USB flash disk, no additional drivers are needed.
B): No other drivers need to be installed and are not even available. If you continue to have problems with your external box (adapter / docking station), check out more tips that can help you troubleshoot problems.
A): If the external box (adapter / docking station) is not displayed in "Device Manager", there may be a USB port malfunction. It is also possible that your computer has a poor power supply to USB ports and the power is not sufficient to operate an external box (you can detect by listening that HDD is not spinning). This is a problem especially for older computers, where the source part already works at the limit of its parameters. In this case, it would help to use a USB hub, with an auxiliary power supply, by which the external box (adapter / docking station) would be connected to the computer.
B): Try plugging the external box (adapter / docking station) into another USB port, preferably on the back of your PC. The external box (adapter / docking station) should be detected and the drivers loaded automatically. If the problem persists, plug the external box (adapter / docking station) into the USB port of another computer to verify its functionality.
A): If this happens, it means that the operating system failed to get the necessary information to install the drivers.
B): The cause may be a defective USB cable or damaged device. If the problem persists, plug the external box (adapter / docking station) into the USB port of another computer to verify its functionality.
A): If this happens, it means that the Windows operating system did not assign a drive letter to the new storage device.
B): If the drive letter is not assigned, open "Disk Management", right-click on the desired drive and manually assign the drive letter. If the drive letter can not be assigned to the disk, it is possible that the disk is formatted as "dynamic". If you want to keep disk data, connect it to the original device and make a backup of the disk. Then convert it to a normal disk, initialize it to MBR (or GPT, see other points), and then perform Low Level Format (e.g. using the Low Level Format Tool)
A): The newly purchased disk must be initialized before first use.
B): If the new disk is not initialized automatically, open "Disk Management", right-click on the desired disk and initialize it.
A): By initializing the disk, you can set the mode in which the hard disk will work.
B): You can use the partition with the master boot record (MBR) or the GUID partition table (GPT). For disk up to 2TB, use the MBR option, we recommend selecting GPT on a larger disk than 2TB. Subsequently, the initialized disk should be formatted.
A): The external AXAGON boxes (adapters / docking stations) support the USB Mass Storage protocol making it easy to connect to TV.
B): When using a disk larger than 2TB, some TVs do not support GPT format. In such case, MBR format must be used when initializing a disk.