EEM2-UG2 USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 - NVMe M.2 box
External SuperSpeed+ USB-C metal box for M.2 NVMe SSD disks having sizes of up 42 to 80 mm.
|Input||USB 3.2 Gen 2|
|Output||M.2 NVMe, UASP|
|Device support||M.2 2242, M.2 2260, M.2 2280|
|PC connection||USB type C-M, disconnectable cable, cable 20 cm|
Where to buy
Super fast external box AXAGON EEM2-UG2 is designed for NVMe (PCI-Express) M.2 SSD drives.
It is equipped with a modern SuperSpeed USB-C connector for easy and reliable connection.
Thank to PCI-Express and USB 3.2 Gen 2 interfaces up to 10Gb/s, you will enjoy the high speed of modern NVMe M.2 SSD drives.
The external box supports TRIM function to reduce the gradual degradation of SSD performance over time.
Booting from an SSD in an external box is also supported. In external box you can use
M key and B&M key NVMe M.2 SSDs up to 22x80 mm without limiting the maximum capacity of the SSD.
M.2 cards can be both single-sided or double-sided.
NVMe M.2 • M key OR B&M key • ANY CAPACITY • UASP • TRIM
The box is equipped with a double-sided USB-C connector, which offers a convenient and fast connection
without having to find the correct orientation of the cable.
The USB-C connector also ensures reliable contact without the risk of accidental disconnection of the external drive.
The included 22 cm connection cable is also equipped with a double-sided USB-C connector.
It can be directly connected to both SuperSpeed + USB connectors on laptops and modern cell phones.
A decently lit blue LED indicates that the computer is connected to the USB port
with a permanent light and flashing when transferring the data.
For efficient operation, the external box is programmed to suspend the drive after 5 minutes of inactivity.
USB-C to USB-C CABLE • DECENT LED INDICATION • AUTO SUSPEND
The durable aluminium body of the box has very good contact with the M.2 disc due to the heat-conducting pads and the pressure mechanism.
Effective heat dissipation into the metal body of the box significantly reduces the surface temperature of the disc and extends its life.
Installation on supported operation systems is completely automatic. The external drive can be connected
not only to computers and laptops, but also to cell phones and tablets if they have OTG support.
ALU CASE • HEAT CONDUCTING PADS • SPRING MECHANISM • AUTO INSTALL
Super fast external box AXAGON EEM2-UG2 with USB 3.2 Gen 2 interface is designed for NVMe (PCI-Express) M.2 SSD disks.
Latest USB interface allows you to enjoy the speed of modern M.2 SSD drives. Due the fast USB 3.2 Gen 2 interface is the transmission Speed up to 10Gb/s. Convenient connection allows reversible USB-C connector. The external M.2 box also supports other modern functions, e.g. TRIM.
In the external box, NVMe M.2 SSD disks with a size up to 22x80 mm can be mounted. The box is not limited by capacity of SSD disks. M.2 cards may be one-sided or double-sided.
The aluminum body of the box and the heat-conductive pads ensure very good cooling of the inserted M.2 SSD.
Insert the M.2 SSD disk into this box and you can easily form a fast and compact external disk. The Box can be used with both computers and laptops, so with mobile phones and tablets with the OTG supporting function.
• USB 3.2 Gen 2 / SuperSpeed+ USB rate of up to 10 Gbit/s.
• Connection via reversible USB type C female connector.
• NVMe M.2SSD disks,
• designed for M-key or B+M-key card formats,
• NGFF 75-pin M-key slot for NVMe M.2 drives.
• Compatible with USB 3.2 Gen 2, backward compatible with USB 3.1 Gen 1 / USB 3.0. and USB 2.0.
• Supports transmission rates 10.000 / 5000 / 480 Mbit/s (SuperSpeed+ / SuperSpeed / HighSpeed).
• Support of M-key or B+M-key NVMe (PCI-Express) M.2 SSD disks without maximum capacity limitation.
• Support of M.2 drives with a size of 2242, 2260, 2280 mm.
• Support of both one-sided and double-sided M.2 SSDs.
• Compliant with PCI Express Base Specification Revision 3.1a
• Compliant with NVM Express 1.3 Specifikation.
• Compliant with USB Mass Storage Class Specifikation.
• The total bandwidth / transmission rate of the box is determined by the USB 3.2 Gen 2 interface used (theoretically up to 10 Gbit/s).
• The real bandwidth / transmission rate of the box is around 1000 MB/s (1 GB/s) is given by the limits of the USB 3.2 Gen 2 interface.
• Supports UASP (USB Attached SCSI) for faster data transmission in Windows 8 and later.
• Support of TRIM functionality to limit gradual degradation of the SSD performance over time.
• SSD boot support in external box.
• Possibility to connect your device while running thanks to the Hot Plug support.
• Full Plug and Play support.
• Standby Support - Drive asleep after 5 minutes of inactivity.
• Supplying the power via USB bus up to 900mA from one USB port is sufficient in all cases.
• A decent blue LED indicating the connection to the computer's USB port (permanent light) and data transmission (blinking).
• Heavy-duty aluminium body and the cooling pads helps to better cool the M.2 SSD.
• Higher surface temperature of the box is not a problem - thanks to the aluminum body, the heat generated by the operation of the disc is better dissipated and transferred to the surroundings.
• Connection via USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C female connector.
• USB Type-C male / USB Type-C male cable 22 cm long is included.
• External box dimensions 115 x 39 x 11 mm.
• External box weight 43 g (without USB cable and M.2 SSD disk).
Supported operating systems:
• MS Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 and later, Windows Server 2008 / 2012 / 2016 and later (all 32-bit and 64-bit Windows OS versions are supported), Mac OS X 10.x and higher, Linux with kernel 2.6.x and higher, Android (OS and device support required).
• Note: When operating under Windows 7, contact the manufacturer of the M.2 SSD to find whether this OS is supported.
• USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 external box for NVMe M.2 SSD,
• USB type C – type C cable 22 cm long,
• 3 thermally conductive pads,
• mounting material and a screwdriver,
• printed installation manual CZ / DE / DK / ENG / ESP / FIN / FR / GR / HR / HU / IT / NL / PL / PT / RO / RU / SK / SWE / BG / CN / TR / ARA,
• packed in a cardboard box with clearly indicated parameters.
|interface||USB 3.2 Gen 2 / USB 3.2 Gen 1 / USB 3.1 Gen 1 / USB 3.0 / USB 2.0|
|rate||10.000 / 5.000 / 480 Mbit/s (super+ / super / high speed)|
|connector||USB Type C female (on the box)|
|connector||USB Type C male (on the cable)|
|cable||20 cm, disconnectable|
|interface||NVMe M.2 (PCI-Express)|
|connector||75-pin M.2 M-key|
|compatibility||all NVMe M.2 SSD|
|total permeability||10 Gbit/s theoretically (given by USB 3.2 Gen 2 input)|
|max. disk capacity||all, without limitations|
|boot from connected disk||yes|
|Plug and Play||yes|
|indication||blue LED - connection to the USB port of the computer (permanently on), data transmission (flashes)|
|dimensions||115 x 39 x 11 mm|
|weight||43 g (without USB cable)|
|on the bus||yes (USB bus power)|
|through power adapter||no|
|MS Windows||10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7 (all 32- and 64-bit versions)|
|MS Windows Server||2016 / 2012 / 2008 (all 32- and 64-Bit versions)|
|Mac OS||X 10.x and higher|
|Linux||kernel 2.6.x and higher|
- USB 3.2. Gen external box for NVMe M.2
- USB-C / USB-C cable 22 cm long
- 3 thermally conductive pads
- mounting material and a screwdriver
- installation manual
- printed installation manual CZ / DE / DK / ENG / ESP / FIN / FR / GR / HR / HU / IT / NL / PL / PT / RO / RU / SK / SWE / BG / CN / TR / ARA
- cardboard box
- package dimensions 17.5 x 8.3 x 2.2 cm
- weight of 1 pc package 93 g
- EAN 8595247904287
- number of pieces in the box: 60
- total weight of the box: 6.2 kg G.W.
- box dimensions: 38 x 31 x 20 cm
A): By initializing the disk, you can set the mode in which the hard disk will work
B): You can use the partition with the master boot record (MBR) or the GUID partition table (GPT). For disk up to 2TB, use the MBR option, we recommend selecting GPT on a larger disk than 2TB. Subsequently, the initialized disk should be formatted.
A): The newly purchased disk must be initialized before first use.
B): If the new disk is not initialized automatically, open "Disk Management", right-click on the desired disk and initialize it.
A): Drivers are included with operating systems and are installed completely automatically. The external box (adapter / docking station) is detected as a standard storage device, such as a USB flash disk, no additional drivers are needed.
B): No other drivers need to be installed and are not even available. If you continue to have problems with your external box (adapter / docking station), check out more tips that can help you troubleshoot problems.
A): If the external box (adapter / docking station) is not displayed in "Device Manager", there may be a USB port malfunction. It is also possible that your computer has a poor power supply to USB ports and the power is not sufficient to operate an external box (you can detect by listening that HDD is not spinning). This is a problem especially for older computers, where the source part already works at the limit of its parameters. In this case, it would help to use a USB hub, with an auxiliary power supply, by which the external box (adapter / docking station) would be connected to the computer.
B): Try plugging the external box (adapter / docking station) into another USB port, preferably on the back of your PC. The external box (adapter / docking station) should be detected and the drivers loaded automatically. If the problem persists, plug the external box (adapter / docking station) into the USB port of another computer to verify its functionality.
A): If this happens, it means that the operating system failed to get the necessary information to install the drivers.
B): The cause may be a defective USB cable or damaged device. If the problem persists, plug the external box (adapter / docking station) into the USB port of another computer to verify its functionality.
A): If this happens, it means that the Windows operating system did not assign a drive letter to the new storage device.
B): If the drive letter is not assigned, open "Disk Management", right-click on the desired drive and manually assign the drive letter. If the drive letter can not be assigned to the disk, it is possible that the disk is formatted as "dynamic". If you want to keep disk data, connect it to the original device and make a backup of the disk. Then convert it to a normal disk, initialize it to MBR (or GPT, see other points), and then perform Low Level Format (e.g. using the Low Level Format Tool)
A): The external AXAGON boxes (adapters / docking stations) support the USB Mass Storage protocol making it easy to connect to TV.
B): When using a disk larger than 2TB, some TVs do not support GPT format. In such case, MBR format must be used when initializing a disk.